Application deadline - May 30, 2017
The Midwest Jewelers Association is proud to offer a scholarship program to all members. These scholarships can be used on GIA lab courses that MJA hosts every year in Neenah WI. For a full listing of upcoming lab classes, see our "GIA Lab Classes" dropdown below.
Rules of entry:
- Member store must be in good standing with MJA at the time of application.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older and employed full time by a member store for a minimum of one year or part-time for a minimum of two years.
- Not more than one scholarship may be awarded to any member store per year.
- Scholarship to be used in the current calendar year.
- Proof of payment for the course must be submitted to the MJA office in the year the scholarship is awarded and proof of successful completion of the course must be submitted within 30 days after completion of the course.
- Scholarship can be applied to a recognized jewelry course of study such as GIA (call office for other options).
- Scholarships have a value up to $500 each. The recipient must pay all costs of the course. MJA will issue a check to the store for the scholarship amount.
- Scholarship applications must be received in the MJA office no later than May 30, 2017. A Letter of Recommendation from the employer must accompany this application.
- The scholarship award will not be based on financial need. In the case of a tie, however, financial need will be a deciding factor.